Between May 21 and 22, 2020 UdSU hosts the XVIII International Symposium “Dialects and History of Permic languages in Relations with Other Languages”, dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Udmurt nationhood and 140th anniversary of publishing of Boris Gavrilov’s“Pieces of Folk Literature, Cults and Superstitions of Votyaks of Kazan and Vyatka Guberniyas”.
The conference will cover the following areas:
- Issues of descriptive and historical dialectology of the Permic languages.
- Topic issues of descriptive, historical, and comparative-typological phonetics, morphology, and syntax of the Permic languages.
- Issues of lexicology and onomatology of the Permic languages.
- Issues of contact between the Permic languages and related/unrelated languages.
- Ancient manuscripts and standard language of the Permic peoples.
- Folk language and language of fiction works.
- Language and stylistic features of authors.
- Textology issues of folk and fiction literature.
- Theory and practice of higher education teaching of the Permic languages.
- Prospects of digital development of the Permic studies.
In the framework of the symposium the following sections will work:
- “Artistic individuality of an author and literature development of Urals-Volga region”(the material will be published in a separate monograph).
- “Youth and science”.
Both intramural and extramural participation forms are available.
The symposium materials will be published in a monograph which will have its own ISBN and be included in RSCI (RUSSIAN SCIENCE CITATION INDEX). These materials will be also published on Online Scientific Library (elibrary.ru).
Deadline for application and abstract submission is April 30, 2020.
Please send your applications to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (or register on-line)
More details and the registration form are available at perm2020.conf.udsu.ru/info